3 Reasons to Choose SERVPRO of North Arlington
Find more reasons to choose SERVPRO of North Arlington by giving us a call at 703-243-6666!
We're Faster to Any Size Disaster
SERVPRO of North Arlington is dedicated to responding immediately to your Arlington fire damage emergency. A faster response is to help prevent additional damage and reduce the restoration cost.
We're Fire and Water Damage Specialists
As the fire and water restoration specialists, we have the training, experience and specialized equipment necessary to restore your home or business. We are committed to providing superior service while restoring your property to back to pre-fire condition.
- Fire & Smoke Restoration Technician
- Odor Control Technician
- Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
Our Restore vs. Replace Mentality
Besides the obvious advantage of lower costs, our "restore first" mentality also gets you back into your home or business quicker with less disruption to your life.
Why Should You Choose SERVPRO of North Arlington? #3: A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
Don't hesitate, call SERVPRO of North Arlington today at 703-243-6666!
SERVPRO of North Arlington is a trusted leader in the restoration industry, and our highly trained technicians provide 24-hour emergency service. We’re dedicated to responding faster to any size disaster with the training, equipment, and experience to respond to your restoration or cleaning needs.
SERVPRO of North Arlington technicians are highly trained and use advanced equipment and techniques to clean and restore your home. Our focus on training and documentation help our technicians make your house feel like home again.
There's never a convenient time for fire or water damage to strike your commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services, SERVPRO of North Arlington has the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business.
Why Should You Choose SERVPRO of North Arlington? #4: Locally Owned & Operated
We are proud to be apart of the Arlington community, and strive to provide the best service we can to it's residents. Call us at 703-243-6666!
SERVPRO of North Arlington is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too, and are proud to be part of the Arlington community. We are also part of a national network of 1,700 with special Disaster Recover Teams that can respond with additional resources during catastrophic storms and major events.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Arlington, VA
- Rosslyn, VA
- Ballston, VA
- Buckingham, VA
- Clarendon, VA
- Lyon Village, VA
- Lee Heights, VA
- Stratford Hills, VA
- Bellevue Forest, VA
- Lacey Forest, VA
If you are located in any of these areas with Water Damage, Fire Damage, Cleaning Services, or in need of Mold Remediation, then you can't afford to hesitate, make sure you call SERVPRO of North Arlington at 703-243-6666 ASAP!
Why Should You Choose SERVPRO of North Arlington? #1: Trained Professionals
Have a question for our trained SERVPRO Professionals at SERVPRO of North Arlington? Give us a call at 703-243-6666!
Here at SERVPRO of North Arlington, we strive to constantly educate our SERVPRO Professionals the most efficient restoration and mitigation skills. Programs we utilize to ensure we have top of the line SERVPRO Professionals include:
Employee Certification Training
A self paced program designed for the franchise employee. Certification is awarded after successful completion of course materials and an examination. Modules include:
- Crew Training
- Fire Restoration
- Water Restoration
- Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning
New Franchise Training
A 15 day in-house, hands-on training program at our corporate training facility. Designed primarily for new franchise owners but also a valuable course for franchise employees. The program covers all aspects of:
- Fire Restoration
- Water Restoration
- Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning
- Mold Mitigation
A web based program designed to be an ongoing self-paced training program. Video presentations and support materials are followed by a knowledge test at the end of each module.
IICRC Training Program
SERVPRO is an approved IICRC Training School that offers year-around classes in the following categories:
- Fire Restoration
- Water Restoration
- Carpet Cleaning
- Upholstery Cleaning
- Applied Structural Drying
(in our purpose-built ASD facility)
SERVPRO offers both credit and noncredit courses for insurance agents, insurance adjusters, real estate professionals and franchise staff. These programs are designed to improve knowledge of emergency mitigation. Courses include:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Understanding Mold in the Restoration Industry
- Restorative Drying for Loss Control
- Mitigation Awareness Response Seminar
Why Should You Choose SERVPRO of North Arlington? #2: No Job Is Too Large
No matter how big the job, SERVPRO of North Arlington is ready to handle it! Give us a call at 703-243-6666 when disaster strikes!
Our SERVPRO Disaster Recovery Team can provide help whether you're dealing with a tornado, hurricane, blizzard, or flood. The SERVPRO System has a network of strategically positioned storm teams on standby should a disaster strike near you. Available 24 hours a day and 365 days a year, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are prepared for the unpredictable.
With the ability to mobilize local command centers, along with the resources of more than 1,700 Franchises nationwide, no disaster is too big. Recent mobilizations of the nationwide Catastrophic Storm Response Teams include:
- 2017 California wildfires
- 2017 Hurricane Irma
- 2017 Hurricane Harvey
- 2016 Hurricane Matthew
- 2015 Carolina floods
- 2014 Polar Vortex
- 2012 Sandy
- 2010 Nashville floods
- 2008 Ike
- 2007 Chicago floods
- 2007 Ohio floods
- 2007 California wildfires
- 2005 Katrina/Wilma/Rita
Don't hesitate about whether SERVPRO of North Arlington can handle your job, we definitely can. Give us a call at 703-243-6666 and let us show you how we can make it seem "Like it never even happened."
The Dangers of Mold & Structural Damage
If you have or suspect you may have mold in your home, don't hesitate to call SERVPRO of North Arlington at 703-243-6666!
YES, Mold Can Cause Structural Damage to your Home!
Many homes across the United States have mold issues. One of the problems with mold is that it doesn't always appear where you can see it. Without having visible signs of mold present, homeowners often must wait until they smell the mold spores, and by then, the problem is much greater, and more difficult to control. If mold is present, it is a sign of higher-than-acceptable levels of humidity. Both mold and humidity can affect the interior of any home, leading to wood beams rotting, deterioration of drywall, peeling of wallpapers and borders, and many other issues within your home.
Which Homes Can Have Mold?
When you can smell the musty odor of mold in your home, mold damage has been able to strike the interior of your home for a while. Mold grows within 48 hours of water meeting mold spores that pre-exist in your home. A 2003 study by the University of Arizona discovered that 100 percent of the homes tested had at least one strain of mold spores present in the interior. Some homes had more than one type of mold spores present. Where these spores are located at in your home is usually unknown, until they become a problem by beginning to grow, and soon becoming visible.
Why You Should Keep Mold Growth to a Minimum
Mold can cause adverse health effects in people, and so can high humidity level. If a home is hot and humid, pre-existing breathing problems can be worse. If a home is cool and damp, the same is true, but you may feel cold and clammy. Both are detrimental to your home's health, as both are excellent environments for mold to grow rapidly. Using a dehumidifier can keep humidity levels to a reasonable level. Fixing leaks throughout the home is also another way to control humidity and mold growth.
How We Can Help You
Our professionals are trained in determining not only how much mold is present in your home, and where any growths are located at, but also where water may be coming from. Water can enter your living space through problematic water lines, or from external sources, such as rainwater that has entered in through a crack or crevice in your home's exterior. We have technology that allows us to see inside your home's structure, so we can see where humidity has collected.
Once we know where the water source is, we can fix the problem. Then we can begin to dehumidify your home with our commercial-grade equipment. Then we will inspect for the damage that mold can cause and explain to you the best course of action for your particular situation. We have the training and experience, alongside the latest equipment and current IICRC certifications, to help make it, “Like it never even happened.”
You can reach our trained remediation professionals by calling SERVPRO of North Arlington 24/7 at 703-243-6666!
How to read Storm Warnings
Never underestimate a storm warning, a storm can devastate your home. Call SERVPRO of North Arlington at 703-243-6666!
Storm Warnings can pop up anywhere: TV, cell phone warnings, radio, etc., but do we really understand what these warnings mean? Know these definitions so you are prepared for any storm:
- Tornado Watch Conditions are ripe for tornadoes within the watch area. Tornadoes associated with hurricanes and tropical storms are typically a very significant cause of death and damage.
- Tornado Warning A tornado has been spotted visually or on radar. Usually issued for a county. If a tornado WARNING is issued where you live, GET TO THE MIDDLE OF THE LOWEST FLOOR OF A STRONG BUILDING IMMEDIATELY!!!
- Severe Thunderstorm Watch Conditions are ripe for severe thunderstorms within the watch area.
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning There is a severe thunderstorm in or heading for the warned area. Treat this like a tornado warning!!
- Flash Flood Watch Flash floods are likely to occur in the near future. Be alert for rising water and be prepared to have to move to high ground.
- Flash Flood Warning Flash floods are occurring or expected to occur in the near future. If this happens, get to high ground immediately, and GET AWAY FROM VEHICLES... it only takes 18 inches of water to sweep a car or truck away!
- High Wind Advisory Windy conditions may occur in the advisory area. This usually makes for unsafe conditions while driving, especially in (but not limited to) large vehicles. Also, avoid boating anywhere in the advisory area.
- High Wind Warning Very strong winds are expected or already are occurring that present a significant danger while driving, boating and other outdoor activities. Often issued near tropical storms and hurricanes.
How SERVPRO Protects Your Home Contents
Don't let a storm destroy the items in your house, be prepared to call SERVPRO of North Arlington at 703-243-6666!
SERVPRO of North Arlington specializes in restoring contents damaged by storms and other water damage events. Our expertise and our “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. We pretest your contents to determine what items can be restored back to their condition before the water damage. We utilize several methods of cleaning your contents, including:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of North Arlington can conduct an organized, efficient move-out of the affected area. A move-out will provide several benefits, including:
- A quicker remodeling process
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
When restoration is completed, we will work with you to coordinate the move-in according to your needs. The services offered upon move-in may depend on your insurance coverage.
Water-damaged electronics can present a serious hazard. Do not attempt to turn on or operate any electrical device that you suspect has been damaged by water. We will coordinate the restoration of your electronics, including:
- Television sets
- DVD players
- And more
The key to restoring electronics is taking prompt action to prevent further damage. We start by cleaning the exterior of electronic devices to help stop further corrosion and damage. Electronics will be cleaned and inspected by a qualified electronics technician.
Document / Photograph Drying
When your valuable documents, including photographs, are damaged by water, extreme caution should be taken to help ensure the water damage does not destroy the document. Although some documents may not be restored to pre-water damage condition, SERVPRO of North Arlington can save a great deal and help minimize additional damage.
Depending on the type of documents and the level of water damage, we have five options for the restoration of documents:
- Air Drying
- Freezer Drying
- Vacuum Freeze Drying
- Vacuum Thermal Drying
Contents Claim Inventory Service
When a storm event happens, the damage can often feel overwhelming. We can help ease the worry and confusion during the recovery process by offering our Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS), which provides a detailed and accurate list of your belongings. We take a room-by-room inventory of your contents, including digital photos, and in some instances, bar coding.
Our Contents Claim Inventory Service:
- Preloss list and value of contents
- Detailed and accurate report
- Better information to settle claims quicker
- Assistance with burden of proof for claims
- Peace of mind when you need it most
What TO do, and what NOT to do after a Fire
Has your property experienced fire damage? Call SERVPRO of North Arlington at 703-243-6666 now!
What to do after A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
Commercial Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning
Experience a new level of clean in your office with SERVPRO of North Arlington's Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning. Call now at 703-243-6666!
Even the highest-quality carpet and upholstery can show soiling over time. Protect your investment by calling us to clean and maintain your carpet and upholstery. The SERVPRO System offers a number of cleaning options to match any type of upholstery or carpet.
Need Carpet or Upholstery Cleaning?
Call Today – 703-243-6666!
We also offer a range of specialized cleaning methods:
- Bonnet Cleaning: A less aggressive method for short piled carpets.
- Hot Water Extraction: A deeper cleaning method for all carpet types.
- Deluxe Precondition and Rinse: Helps restore deeply soiled areas.
- Showcase Premier Cleaning: The most thorough cleaning method in the industry.
- Dry Cleaning: When color-fastness is an issue.
Carpets act as a filter, trapping dust, dirt, gases, animal hair, and other soils. All carpet manufacturers agree on actions you can take between carpet cleanings to increase the life span of your carpet.Preventative maintenance actions include:
IICRC states that 79% of soil in carpet is dry soil. Vacuuming is a key component to proper care and maintenance of carpet.
- Regular vacuuming
- Spot removal
- Pilating the carpet to prevent matting
- Moving furniture to change traffic patterns
- Using walk-off mats to limit the amount of soil tracked onto the carpet
Our professional cleaning can address moderate and heavy soil conditions in your carpets. How often you’ll need professional cleaning depends on soil build-up, traffic, type and color of carpeting. A good rule of thumb would be to professionally clean your carpet every 12 months. The best advice is to clean carpets before they become totally saturated with soil. If you wait until carpets look really dirty, the carpets may never be restored to their former appearance. Dirt builds up in layers, and when a carpet looks dirty you are only seeing the dirt at the tips of the fibers. More dirt is hiding below the surface down near the base of the pile, causing damage to the carpet. When a carpet is saturated with dirt, the soil has penetrated crevices and has become firmly lodged.
We will get the job done right. For a cleaning backed by state-of-the-art equipment, over 40 years of experience and Professionals trained to the highest standards, call us today.